April 2013 – Executive Meeting Minutes
Executive Meeting Date: April 21, 2013
Present: Ralph Reiper, Martina Brankovsky, Taina Wilson, Judie Oliver, Brian McFarlane, Heather Bruce
Regrets: Steve Forsey
- 77 Members – 96% Full
- Early Group – 35 Registered – Full
- Late Group – 35 Registered – Full
- Sunday Group – 7 Registered, 3 spaces remaining
Coaches Reports and Discussions
The order has been completed, the swimmers have received their jackets and are in the
process of paying Steve.
There is a group of at least 10 swimmers going to Ottawa for Nationals, May 17-20, 2013. The registration deadline is April 28.
AGM June 23, 2013:
- A draft of the agenda for the AGM on June 23rd was presented and reviewed. The agenda will be distributed to the members six weeks in advance of the AGM.
- If any members have new business to bring forward at the AGM, please inform a member of the Executive beforehand.
- All members are encouraged to attend the AGM to cast their votes. While it is understood that some members may not be able to attend the meeting, proxy votes will not be accepted.
- Thank you to Ian and Margaret for hosting the meeting.
- Members should bring a small breakfast snack to contribute to the group. Interested members running for an Executive position are encouraged to send their name and a sentence or two indicating the position they are interested in and their rationale for running. All positions are open for election.
- Traditionally, the summer swimming season has taken place at AY Jackson, combining the early and the late groups into one, 1.5 hour session.
- A new care-taking clean up fee is going to be applied at AY this summer and it is going to drive the hourly cost of swimming up considerably, ($230.00/hour). Brian has secured a permit at Bendale for Tuesdays for two hours from 8:00-10:00pm at $100.00/hour.
- Martina will send out an email to members asking them to vote on whether they would prefer to swim 2 one hour sessions, dividing the team into Early and Late groups. Or whether they would choose to combine the groups and swim one, 1.5 hour swim.
- Thursday swims will remain at AY Jackson, combining the early and the late groups for 1.25 hours from 8:00-9:15.
- Further Discussion/Action: A permit for AY Jackson has been secured for Tuesday and Thursday nights for this summer. Two practices will run from 8:00-9:00 and 9:00-10:00. The permit will run until August 15 after which we will swim at Bendale for the remainder of the summer.
2013/2014 Season Fees
- Fees should increase for new season. Costs increase on a yearly basis, we cannot count on a donation every year. MSO fees are also increasing next year. It was proposed that a 1% fee increase be applied.
- Taina made a motion: raise the fees for 2013/2014 and Martina seconded it.
New Fees for 2013/2014:
- Early Registration: $560.00 ($520 + $40 MSO)
- Later Registration: $575.00 ($535 + $40 MSO)
- Early Registration for Sunday Only: $330.00 ($290 + $40 MSO)
- Later Registration Sunday Only: $345.00 ($305 + $40)
- Saturday Session, plus MSO (not Gator): $145.00 ($105 + $40 MSO),
- Saturday Swimmer (Gator): $105.00
- A different fee collection model was discussed. It was proposed that we do a rolling registration where a member could join the team at any point in the year and pay a membership for a year.
- For example, a member could join from April to April and re-new their registration in April as opposed to a registration that occurs only in September. It was decided that this could be looked at in the future if the registration process is online and is more automated.
Technical Saturday Workshop Sessions
Sabrina has indicated her interest in continuing to coach the Saturday sessions in the fall and winter. It was proposed that a monthly coaching calendar be created so that it is made clear to swimmers who is coaching for each workout. The Saturday session will be an option on the NYMAC registration form.
Vice President’s Report
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
Swimmer’s Liaison Report
Martina will be out of the country from May 26 – June 12. She will not have access to her email account. Please check Facebook and the website for any updates.
Nothing to report.
- Bike Ride Day: June 1, 2013
- Cottage Day: August 25, 2013
Next Meeting: May 12, 2013