FINAL SUMMER SWIMS
OPEN WATER SWIMS
- Alex Gladstone 705-292-7908
- Sara Naomi Gladstone (cell) 416-346-2745
- Abba Lustgarten (cell) 647-833-4223
These are directions to get to Sara’s Father’s house on Lake Chemong outside of Peterborough .. (Starting at Douglas Snow Aquatic Center).
From: 5100 Yonge Street , Toronto , ON M2N CA
To: 919 Tindle Court , Selwyn, ON K9J 0C5
DRIVING DIRECTIONS * THIS IS IN MILES * NOT KMS *
A) 5100 Yonge Street , Toronto , ON M2N CA
1. Start out going SOUTH on YONGE ST/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 11 toward NORTH YORK BLVD. (go 0.4 miles)
2. Turn LEFT onto SHEPPARD AVE E. (go 1.2 miles)
3. Turn RIGHT onto BAYVIEW AVE. (go 0.3 miles)
4. Take the HWY-401 E ramp. (go 0.2 miles)
5. Merge onto HWY-401 COLLECTORS E. (go 2.2 miles)
6. Take the EXPRESS exit on the LEFT. (go 0.3 miles)
7. Merge onto HWY-401 EXPRESS E. (go 14.7 miles)
8. HWY-401 EXPRESS E becomes PROVINCIAL ROUTE 401 E. (go 23.0 miles)
9. Take the HWY-35/HWY-115 exit, EXIT 436, toward LINDSAY/PETERBOROUGH. (go 0.7 miles)
10. Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 115 N. (go 27.9 miles)
11. Take the HWY-7 W exit toward FOWLERS CORNERS. (go 0.3 miles)
12. Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 7/TRANS CANADA HWY. (go 7.6 miles)
13. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT. (go 0.2 miles)
14. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto LINDSAY RD/CR-1. (go 2.1 miles)
15. Turn LEFT onto FIFE ‘S BAY RD /CR-12. (go 0.7 miles)
16. Turn RIGHT onto TINDLE BAY RD. (go 0.9 miles)
17. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto TINDLE CRT. (go 0.1 miles)
18. 919 TINDLE COURT .. (go 0.0 miles)
B) 919 Tindle Court ,Selwn, ON K9J 0C5
>> TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 1 hour 37 minutes | DISTANCE: 82.71 miles
You can also take the 407 and go through Port Perry but it’s quite a bit more complicated as it’s not as direct. You would still end up on the 115 and need to head north one exit to Fowler’s Corners. The instructions would then continue from #11 above. Just call Sara if you have any problems.
SAVE THE DATE!
- Last Swim at AY Jackson: August 15, 2013
- Last Swim at Douglas Snow: 8:15 August 25, 2013
- Bendale Swims: August 20 and August 27, 2013 7-8:30
- Cottage Date: August 25, 2013, after practice
- Wine and Cheese: October 19, 2013
- Pentathlon: December 8, 2013
COACH’S REFLECTIONS for 2012-2013 SEASON
Dear Executive and swimmers,
The fat lady has sung – well almost. As I look back to the past season I am pleased with the successes that were achieved throughout the season.
One huge success was the use of the iPad and an application called Coach’s Eye. This app allowed swimmers to view their strokes and receive immediate feed-back. As well, during the Provincials the iPad kept track of the events and an organized list of best times….. this just the beginning.
Another aspect of coaching is the personal relationships that I have built with most swimmers. I feel this has enabled me to personalize each interaction with swimmers.
At the swim meets I attended this past season, I was not only impressed with the performances but also the camaraderie within the club. The laughter, the cheering, the support of one another and picture taking. I only hope more swimmers can experience the enjoyment of competition.
One of the best parts of the swim club has to be the social events. The Wine and Cheese, the bike/picnic, the Sunday coffee get togethers, the winter Sunday brunch, the cross country ski day and the Gators Night Out are some examples of the fantastic interactions within the club.
We were fortunate to be able to take part in a nutrition seminar as well as and a motivational speaker seminar to enhance our knowledge to become better athletes.
This past year, I upgraded my Coaching Certificate to include the NCCP Level 1 course.
This years success would not be possible without the support of the Executive, Sabrina Ng for her popular Saturday sessions and Judie Oliver for her reliability and work out ethics.
North York Gators