SEPTEMBER START DATE
The 2013/2014 season starts at AY Jackson on Tuesday, September 10. If you have not registered, Agnes will happily accept your cheques and registration forms on September 10 and 12. But please note, the Early Team membership is FULL. You may only register for the LATE team. The Late Team swims from 8:45-10 pm on Tuesday and Thursdays and there are 17 spaces available. There is not a start date as of now for the Sunday practices at Douglas Snow.
SATURDAY TECHNICAL SWIMS
The hugely popular Saturday Technical Swims are back! These are not fitness or endurance swims, these are lessons and drills to help improve your stroke. If you are a beginner swimmer, triathlete or an advanced competitive swimmer, you will gain valuable insight on your stroke and how you can alter it to perform more efficiently in the water. There is a limited amount of space for swimmers per hour. This is so that the coach can observe and give feedback to every swimmer. Many swimmers wanted more information on strokes other than freestyle. For this upcoming session there will be one hour, 9:00 – 10:00, each week dedicated to all 4 strokes.
- DATES: September 21 – November 30, 2013 – 11 weeks
- TIME: 9:00 – 10:00 4 Stroke Clinic; 10:00 – 11:00 Freestyle Only Clinic
- LOCATION: AY Jackson Secondary School, 50 Francine Drive
- COST: $100.00 *If you do not have a MSO card for 2013 there is an additional fee of $35.00.
- WHO CAN JOIN?: Anyone! You do not have to be a Gator to be a part of this valuable learning opportunity. Spread the word!
- HOW DO I PAY?: Please notify me by email asap if you are interested in a space and the time slot that you want. I will be accepting cheques at our first swims at AY Jackson on September 10 and 12. If you are not a Gator or you are a Sunday only swimmer, contact me and I will assist you with your registration.
- WHO IS THE COACH?: Sabrina Ng will coach the majority of the swim clinics. Swimmers will be notified in advance if she is unable to coach. Gators coaches, Judie Oliver and Steve Forsey will coach on the days she is unavailable.
- CAN I SIGN UP FOR BOTH 9:00 and 10:00?: Yes!
SAVE THE DATE
- August 25, 2013: Last 8:15 swim at Douglas Snow and Cottage Day at Sara’s right after practice (refer to last Gators News email for directions)
- August 27, 2013: Bendale swim 7-8:30
- September 10, 2013: New Season at AY Jackson 7:30 Early Team; 8:45 Late Team
- September 10 & 12, 2013: Registration for the full season for Late Team and for Saturday Swims
- September 12: GNO – otherwise known Gators Night Out or as Pub Night at Goose Firkin, 1875 Leslie Street
- September 21, 2013: Saturday Swim Begins; 9:00 4 Strokes; 10:00 Freestyle Only
- October 19, 2013: Wine and Cheese
- December 8, 2013: Pentathlon
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the above information. Also, here is the September Gators Calendar.
Keep yourself informed by visiting Facebook and our website.
Stay safe, fit and healthy for the remainder of the summer, see you in September!
All the best,
North York Gators