Join the Gators
Interested in joining NYMAC? Register Here.
While we encourage new members to join our club provided space is available, we also need to ensure that new members can be accommodated within a lane of swimmers with similar skill & speed abilities. New members are asked to review the minimum new swimmer requirements (below) before coming to a practice.
- Members must be 18+ years of age. The club is not designed as a learn-to-swim program.
- Swimmers need to be able to swim a minimum of 200 yards/meters without stopping and be able to complete a 50 meter swim in less than 90 seconds. Average practice distance is between 2500 – 3500 metres.
- We have a mix of members including those who are competitively focused and general fitness, along with a number of multi-sport athletes.
- All members must read and abide by the NYMAC By-laws and etiquette guidelines.
What Makes Our Club so Wonderful:
In addition to the regular workouts (with excellent on-deck coaching), we offer many club social events including:
- Annual wine & cheese party
- Annual ski day
- Annual cycling days
- Annual golf days
- Annual Pentathlon swim meet
- Informative seminars on nutrition, strengthening and mental preparation
- Monthly Gator Nights Out (GNO) every first Thursday of the month after work-out.
- For those interested in competition, there are regularly scheduled meets throughout the GTA & Southern Ontario, across Canada and Internationally.