Join the Gators
While we encourage new members to join our club provided space is available, we also need to ensure that new members can be accommodated within a lane of swimmers with similar skill & speed abilities. New members are asked to review the following minimum new swimmer requirements before coming to a practice.
- Members must be 18+ years of age. The club is not designed as a learn-to-swim program.
- Swimmers need to be able to swim a minimum of 200 yards/meters without stopping and be able to complete a 50 meter swim in less than 90 seconds. Average practice distance is between 2500 – 3500 metres.
- We have a mix of members including those who are competitively focused and general fitness, along with a number of multi-sport athletes.
- All members must read and abide by the NYMAC By-laws and etiquette guidelines.
Interested in joining NYMAC? Register Here.
What Makes Our Club so Wonderful:
In addition to the regular workouts (with excellent on-deck coaching), we offer many club social events including:
- Annual wine & cheese party
- Annual ski day
- Annual cycling days
- Annual golf days
- Annual Pentathlon swim meet
- Informative seminars on nutrition, strengthening and mental preparation
- Monthly Gator Nights Out (GNO) every first Thursday of the month after work-out.
- For those interested in competition, there are regularly scheduled meets throughout the GTA & Southern Ontario, across Canada and Internationally.