- We are a self-operating club.
- Our goals are fitness, fun, and friendship with a healthy mix of competition for those interested in taking part in swim meets.
- We are affiliated with Masters Swimming Ontario (MSO).
- Our swim season runs from mid-September through to the end of August with breaks over Christmas and the March school break.
- We offer different sessions: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Saturdays or Sundays or a combination of some or all. It’s your choice. Check: Join the Gators – for details on practice times and locations.
- While we encourage new members to join our club provided space is available, we also need to ensure that new members can be accommodated within a lane of swimmers with similar skill & speed abilities. New members are asked to review the minimum new swimmer requirements (on this website) before coming to a practice.Members must be 18+ years of age. The club is not designed as a learn-to-swim program. Swimmers need to be able to swim a minimum of 200 yards/meters without stopping and be able to complete a 50 meter swim in less than 90 seconds. Average practice distance is between 2500 – 3500 meters. We have a mix of members including those who are competitively focused and general fitness, along with a number of multi-sport athletes.
- In addition to the regular workouts (with excellent on-deck coaching), we offer many club social events including an annual wine & cheese party, ski day, golf days, cycling trip / Island Picnic and our annual Gator Pentathlon Swim Meet. For those interested in competition, there are regularly scheduled meets throughout the GTA & Southern Ontario. Some of our swimmers compete at the national level and take part in the Masters World Championships.